- Our No. 1 credit card Chase Sapphire Reserve is now offering an online signup bonus of 50K points, down from 100K that was offered since its introduction in August 2016. However, you can still receive the 100K bonus when you walk into a branch and apply. Note that the infamous 5-24 rule (you will be denied the new account when you have opened 5 or more new credit cards in the past 24 months) still applies when you do that. Hurry up if you haven't got this amazing card - source says the in-branch 100K offer will last through March but you never know if Chase decides to pull it earlier.
- Barclays has made American Airlines Aviator Red MasterCard available to new customers, with a signup bonus of 40K. This means Citi is no longer the sole issuer of American Airlines' credit card products. We welcome the competition.
- We are very sad to see one of our favorite card for perks Chase Fairmont Visa has been discontinued for new applications due to Accor's acquisition of Fairmont, Raffles, Swissotel. Fairmont Visa has been offering an amazing signup bonus (two free nights, possibly in a suite, plus breakfasts) and is also one of the credit cards to keep paying annual fees without spending a dime.
- Chase Southwest Plus Visa's 50K offer is back. While the higher annual fee Southwest Premier Visa has been offering 50K, it has been a while since last time we saw Plus Visa's 50K offer.
- Citi has increased the signup bonus of Citi Prestige from 40K to 50K, while decreasing the signup bonus of the ThankYou Premier from 40K to 30K.
This is Sean, aka Dr. Credit Card. First of all, I would like to wish every reader of the site a happy 2017! It is pretty crazy that the last blog post was almost two months ago - I bought a new house and moved in recently and have been unable to keep up. Even though there have been updates on the site here and there, I wish more could have been done. Now we have been slowly settling in, the site should be back to normal. Here are some highlights of the recent updates.
Dr. Credit Card helps you to find the best cards and the best signup deals for you!